No Regerts
I am actually very much have a lot of regerts in t-minus 24 hours.
Day 5 brings us to Leg Day. No lie, when developing the P90X program, they did a trial run of an all leg workout, and the feedback was that it was too hard and too intense. In response, they dropped in multiple sets of pull up variations to mix it up a little. That was the idea of a break they landed on. Really putting the fun in functional exercise.
I get that leg workouts are vitally important for people like me who are office workers and work in a seated position for most of the day. You start to lose muscle mass in your hamstrings, glutes, and quads. As you do, your other muscles pick up the slack including those in your low back leading to injury, and weirdly your calves which can lead to bullshit foot issues. I get that it's a problem I do not want to have, but Tony MOTHERFUCKING BITCH ASS HORTON needs to understand that I am not a problem he wants to have. Single leg wall sits make me so fucking mad. My dog wants to sit by me and get pets, but all I want to do is yell and scream and cry a little.
Which I did, on the pull up bar, because apparently, doing assisted pull ups triggers the part of my lizard brain that tells me that life is worthless, and I am going to die alone. Thanks, brain. When I was raising my kids, there was a point where one of them pooped in the bathtub and just handed me a turd like is was a priceless gem that I needed to treasure. That is what my idiot brain is doing with two little cupped hands and angels singing. "Here, please take this turd I spent so long working on." And the more times I reject it, the more insistent it gets. "I don't want that." "Are you sure? How about this other turd?" "That's the same turd." Over and over through every desperate grip variation.
While this is not a valid reason to skip the Ab Ripper X that is scheduled for today, I got 4 minutes in before deciding that maybe I should eat something before some murders happen.
Not of people. A balance ball was very close to getting popped. It made it. Barely. It really should be on notice and take this warning, though.
Comments
Post a Comment