Choose your own cardio adventure...
Day 9 on the P90x Lean program calls for cardio. The series does have a video for this, but by the time my day allowed me time to work out, there were a bunch of nerds in my workout area. They were very nice nerds, but they make the dog antsy. Being a rescue, we don't know her history. We just know she hates dudes with beards, teenagers, and black people. It's genuinely upsetting to me when we see an African American on the street, and she gets all barky. I am not the racist here, but she might be.
Owing to the upset animal, I figured I could knock out two birds with one stone and get us both some exercise to chill the fuck out. I had spent the day doing some touch up painting, and making the area where we store our fitness equipment a little more usable. A fresh coat of paint, ripped pair of pants, some squishy flooring, a phone dropped in a paint tray, repositioning of a light fixture, and serious de-spider webbing. This meant two things for me personally, I was already angry that vigorous home ownership does not count for cardio by itself, and it was dark out. Dark and under freezing.
We did our best to stay to the areas where the sidewalks were the clearest, but it was not the awesomest thing that ever happened to me. Snow is like other surfaces that just don't return any energy when you hit them, like sand. Multiple areas had already refrozen making it pretty important to pay attention. The snow plow build up on the corners meant hurdles at every crossing. My dog was a trooper, but she was worn the fuck out. I agreed with her.
I cam home, and some nerd handed me some gin drink, and I went into the playroom to watch Reacher on Amazon for 4 hours. 5 stars for very inventive and brutal violence and representation of tall people built like trucks. I felt seen.
Comments
Post a Comment