Spartans! What is your profession?
Day 2 of any program is a little early to be modifying a program, but fuck it. I was thrilled in a way that only a suburban white woman can be to see that today was slated for Cardio X. I don't remember much about Cardio X, but I do know for sure that I would rather be outside in the sunshine amd listening to music even if that also involves soul crushing running.
I might have issues with my Garmin's heart rate during its actual cardio setting, but the running setting seems accurate, even if I need to recalibrate my distance setting. What it is supposed to do is help me correct my pace and effort level.
I 100% fucked up today's pacing. I set out of my nice steady state run, aiming for about 45 minutes, mostly in the threshold zone (zone 4, 75% exertion, whatever you want to call it).
I have a list of shit that I was paying attention to, and none of it was my heart rate. I was curating a new spotify running playlist. As fun as it was, the electronic beat mixed with quotes from the 300 did not make it, even if was like "ARHOO!" in a way that made my dog/running buddy look at me sideways. (See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p27ipEzsxW4). I was cheering my dog on for scaring so many geese off the path and clucking "Mommy's little predator!" I was regretting my choice of pre-workout being a handful of chocolate pretzels. I was not monitoring the important shit like how close I was to having a stroke
I spent fully half the workout in Zone 5. I was apparently already dying before I ever started running and just didn't bother to notice. But here I am still not actively dead just regretting the fuck out of my life. Tomorrow is shoulders and arms and ABRIPPERX, so I better rest up.
Comments
Post a Comment